Dock bar suppression?

On my iPad pro, the dock bar at the bottom of the screen is always active when I use Penbook, and when I rest my wrist on the screen, the interaction does weird things with my lines. It makes my pencil read as tilted, pens skip, and the highlighter glitches entirely. I looked for a solution in the settings for the iPad to no avail, but on the Apple forums someone said it can be suppressed by apps if coded to do so. Is that something that can be done in Penbook? This seriously drives me crazy and I’ve gone through so many workarounds to keep using the app the way I want to.

Do you have this setting enabled in iPad Settings > Pencil:
Only draw with Apple Pencil

That bar shouldn’t interact with Pencil, but can with fingers. We can disable the appearance of that bar in code, but sadly that will not disable it. It will behave exactly like before. That option is there purely for aesthetic reasons (for example when playing videos).

You can try two things. Go to shelf and select settings. Turn on Auto-minimize toolbar. When on a writing page, with a tool selected, when you start writing the toolbar should minimize. You’ll have to select the minimized toolbar to open it if you want to use a different tool. You can also, on a writing page, select the three lines on the bar with the shelf icon, and drag it off screen. It and the toolbar should minimize. I thought there was a way to move the toolbar to a different location but I can’t replicate that.

Good points - just to add, the two lines on the top toolbar will let you hide the toolbars when you swipe it to the right but also move all toolbars to the opposite side of the screen when you swipe it to the left (helpful for the left-handed).

I do have the setting enabled to only draw with the pencil - I’m not talking about the Penbook toolbar, I mean the iOS bar at the very bottom of the screen. In things like Procreate, it slides off the screen and has to be pulled up in order to interact with it. This isn’t an option for Penbook?

That’s odd. The dock is supposed to disappear when an app is activated. That’s what happens when I use Penbook.