Pencil lag in Penbook 6.0.1

I do like the new resizing feature and the sleeker toolbar. Unfortunately the writing delays are more pronounced now. Is that a function of the Apple Pencil? I have the cheaper version but willing to upgrade if it helps…

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback and bug report – writing delays aren’t a function of which stylus you’re using, and we weren’t expecting delays to get worse in this release, so I’d like to dig into this a bit.

Can you please go into the app and tap :bust_in_silhouette:Account, then “Get Support”? This will generate a draft email with some attachments we need – please add a note about your post here so I can correlate the two.

Thank you for this update :+1:
I have the same writing delay, though.

1 Like

Thanks for chiming in Olla, I’m sorry the bug is affecting you as well.

Could you please take the same steps I asked @Kpcoppa to do above?

Can you please go into the app and tap :bust_in_silhouette:Account, then “Get Support”? This will generate a draft email with some attachments we need – please add a note about your post here so I can correlate the two.

1 Like

Hi - just FYI, I am having the same problem too. I will submit a report as per responses too, hope it helps as a I love this app so much!

1 Like

Hey @Kpcoppa , @Olga, @CalJones – can you folks please try the following to see if it helps?

1. Open Penbook
  2. Tap :gear: Settings
  3. Uncheck the box labeled “Preview recognized shapes”
  4. Tap 🆇 to close Settings

Now, please try writing again and see if the extra lag is still there.

Thanks a lot to you kind folks for helping us find this bug :slight_smile:

I did it, but a lag is still there :grimacing: I don’t remember if this lag was earlier or appeared in 6.0.1 :woman_shrugging:t3: Now I’m looking more closely at the interface, so there is a possibility that it was earlier, but I noticed it now.

1 Like

This definitely helped. Not 100% pause free but there’s not enough now to be a distraction imo

Kevin

1 Like

Hi there - no noticeable difference for me, I’m afraid. I have restarted the app just to make sure as well.

1 Like

Hi everyone, thanks for your help troubleshooting. We’ve found the cause of the Pencil lag and are working on a fix now.

The fix is live in the App Store now, in version v6.0.2. Thanks again to everyone for your feedback.

1 Like

Perfect! Thank you so much. This app keeps getting better and better. Really looking forward to seeing what else you bring in.

1 Like