Multiple folders in each book

i’m wondering if requesting a way to organize multiple notebooks in one entire notebook. for example, I have a notebook for work, but there are quite a few different areas/departments I need to keep notes of. currently everything is in one notebook but it is becoming hard to navigate. wondering if there is a solution for this or if one in the future is possible.

thank you!

1 Like

We have Bookmarks – they might help, although they’re not as capable as what you’re suggesting.

Check out page 14 in the Penbook v6 User Guide.

When you tap the “Show Bookmarked” button, each page that isn’t bookmarked will disappear from the page previews. This lets you quickly jump between bookmarks.

We have some ideas for better navigation inside books, stay tuned :slight_smile:

1 Like

(Hey BTW – are you still having trouble with the app lagging? I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue you saw in July.)

yes! i’m not sure if it was the wifi, my ipad, technology as a whole :joy: but I have not had the continuous problems. thanks so much for checking in. love the app and you guys!

1 Like

I find the bookmarks very useful. I sometimes use them as a sort of tabs where I bookmark the first page in each section.

Another way I use bookmarks is to mark the current month or week in calendar views. Then I can easily scroll to the next or previous to get a good overview. Thanks for the good calendar views. They really help me se things more clearly in addition to BusyCal that I use for all the details.

By the way, I fully support the suggestion of tabs in addition. I think that will be useful

2 Likes

Tabs are an interesting idea - would you want them to be book-specific taking you to a page inside a book, or app-wide (so a tab would take you to a specific book and a specific page inside that book)? Or something else entirely? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, I actually don´t miss a new function for organizing the notebook. The bookmark system woks well for me. The thing I really miss is a bookmark symbol on the toolbar, so I can see wether the page is bookmarked or not while I am working with it, and toggle it there and then. It would make it so much more quick and easy to keep the bookmarks updated.
Like it is now I have to go down to the thumbnail preview to check the bookmarks, and toggle between show and not show bookmarks back and forth to navigate. I tend to check several bookmarks at a time because it is not so easy to keep track of them when they do not show on the toolbar.

Another tab system I imagine as sort of chapters in the book with the ability to name them and see them in an overview.

2 Likes

The thing I really miss is a bookmark symbol on the toolbar, so I can see wether the page is bookmarked or not while I am working with it, and toggle it there and then. It would make it so much more quick and easy to keep the bookmarks updated.

That’s a great point. Thanks a lot.

Another tab system I imagine as sort of chapters in the book with the ability to name them and see them in an overview.

We’re thinking along these lines as well. Someday we’ll overhaul bookmarks and hopefully the result will look like this.

1 Like

That would be good to have tabs you could name like chapters. I have just started using it (1 day) and I’ve created my first book which is for meetings with my Manager. I have notes pages, and then a TODO from my meeting. It would be good to be able to seperate the two in the book and have a tab so go direct to the TODO section.

1 Like

Thanks Deb, that’s a great suggestion!